Monday, September 23, 2013

Dream 6. Basement Kitchen.

I had recently moved into a large older home. It was laid out strange. I can't recall precisely what the upstairs consisted of. Probably living room, bedrooms, bathrooms and whatnot. I remember the basement vividly. There was a long hallway, lined with bedrooms. Everything was lit with florescent lights. The hallway ended in the kitchen. A basement kitchen. It had a small dining room on the side. There were no windows throughout the entire basement, kitchen included. It was carpeted in goldish and brown thin carpet. It felt like it was straight out of the seventies.

There were people over, my friends. They were dispersed throughout the house playing some sort of fancy game of tag. I was in the basement kitchen the entire time. Although the lighting was dim and the kitchen was small and windowless, I was very happy. I cooked some dinner and then sat and went through the cabinets. The former owners had left a lot on the dining room cabinets. These cabinets were so deep, they were like small closets. There were boxes of things, mostly decorations and such for different holidays. There were a few people down there with me going through all the stuff. I was ridiculously happy.

____________________

This is one of those mood-setting dreams. I dreamed it this morning at around 10:00. It is now 7:45 pm and I can still picture this awesome basement kitchen. I can't figure out why the kitchen was so amazing, but thinking about it makes me feel cozy. Normally a small windowless room would make me very claustrophobic. I didn't feel that anywhere in this dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment